Grab a cup of coffee and be informed about the latest travel news
- Tips For Gradually Applying For More Credit Cardsby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 20:04
A longtime reader sent me an email with a question that I figured it makes sense to address here, since I know many are probably in the same boat.
- Why The Citi Double Cash Card Is Worth Itby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 18:06
Link: Apply now for the Citi Double Cash Card
- Oneworld Airport Lounge Access Explainedby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 16:29
One of the great things about the ”big three” global airline alliances is that they offer reciprocal lounge access for travelers. In this post I wanted to take a closer look at the oneworld alliance’s lounge access policy, as understanding the nuances of airport lounge access can be […]
- United Business Card Review: 150K Miles & Great Perksby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 15:41
Chase and United Airlines have a close relationship. As part of that, they have several co-branded credit cards, and you can also transfer points from Ultimate Rewards to MileagePlus.
- Delta Flight Attendant Sues After Being Fired For Sharing Trump KKK Cartoonby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 14:11
A former Delta Air Lines flight attendant is suing the company after she was fired for a cartoon she shared on her Facebook page.
- Breeze Airways Pilots Vote To Unionize, But…by Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 13:06
Pilots at US airline startup Breeze Airways have voted to unionize, but the airline plans to contest the vote.
- Emirates Wants Airbus To Design A New Kind Of A380by Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 12:06
Emirates President Tim Clark is one of the brightest and most reasonable guys in the airline industry. When he talks, it’s worth listening. Along those lines, he has just made some interesting comments about the future of ”superjumbo” air travel.
- Watch: Wizz Air A321’s VERY Low Landing In Greeceby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 11:10
Here’s a video that any avgeek will appreciate.
- Wow: Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Offers To Compensate Passengersby Ben Schlappig on 12/08/2022 at 10:31
This is a first for a major airport, I think?
- Baby Boomers are traveling again: New demographic data reveals travel trends for each generationon 12/08/2022 at 10:17
Baby Boomers saw the highest increase in both total number of travelers, and overall travel insurance market share, for Q1 and Q2 of 2022 compared to the previous year.
- Jamaica and the Cayman Islands set to collaborate on tourismon 12/08/2022 at 10:12
The CHTA will host the 40th edition of its flagship trade event Caribbean Travel Marketplace in San Juan, Puerto Rico from October 3 to 5.
- TFWA unveils conference & workshop programme for TFWA World Exhibition & Conference 2022on 12/08/2022 at 10:06
TFWA World Conference will open with an address from TFWA President Erik Juul-Mortensen, followed by insightful conversations with some of the world’s leading figures in economics and branding.
- The Leta Hotel in Santa Barbara becomes Tapestry Collection by Hiltonon 12/08/2022 at 10:01
The158-room Leta Hotel is ideally located in Goleta and is prized for its cool, hip and carefree Californian personality and it’s artful, quirky, unexpected, open and soulful chemistry.
- Embraer partners with VOAR to strengthen support for executive aviationon 12/08/2022 at 09:56
Agreement aims to support Embraer jet operators at Congonhas Airport. Embraer continues to strengthen services to meet the growth of executive aviation in Brazil.
- Marriott Hotels debuts in one of Colombia’s most vibrant destinations with the opening of Barranquilla Marriott Hotelon 12/08/2022 at 09:53
Inspired by the spirit of the Colombian Caribbean, the 191-room hotel invites guests to immerse themselves in local culture when visiting Barranquilla.
- Scandinavia’s largest spa part of Healing Hotels networkon 12/08/2022 at 09:46
The Well is northern Europe’s biggest SPA with 11 different pools, 15 different saunas, hamans and a unique Japanese pavilion with a onsen
- Rental Escapes announces record company growth, product expansion and new officeon 12/08/2022 at 09:39
Full-service luxury villa company increases headcount and product offering to meet increased demand.
- Fraport Traffic Figures – July 2022: Passenger growth continueson 12/08/2022 at 09:19
Frankfurt Airport exceeds the five-million monthly passenger mark for the first time since the pandemic. Fraport’s worldwide Group airports sustain dynamic growth – Greek airports surpass pre-crisis levels by 11.1 percent.
- HRS partners with Geosure to enhance security awareness for corporations and business travelerson 12/08/2022 at 09:16
Ιntegration of security data for 65,000+ business destinations into HRS technology gives companies critical duty-of-care information during hotel procurement cycles.
- St. Lawrence Cruise Lines opens booking for 2023on 12/08/2022 at 09:15
Small ship operator expands 2023 schedule due to growing demand for river cruising.
- airBaltic partners with DRCT to rollout NDC distribution offerson 12/08/2022 at 09:08
Travel sellers to access exclusive offers and personalised content airBaltic to offer lower fares by bypassing GDS.
- Davidson Hospitality Group selected to manage Royal Park Hotelon 12/08/2022 at 09:07
Fairwood capital taps pivot to operate upscale boutique hotel in Rochester, Michigan.
- The Golf Club at Equinox completes second phase of course renovationon 12/08/2022 at 09:03
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa announces improvements to award-winning golf club.
- Kempinski Hotels extends its footprint in North American Market through takeover of luxurious beach hotel in Cancun, Mexicoon 12/08/2022 at 09:00
Occupying one of the finest beaches in Mexico, the elegant hotel offers 315 guestrooms and 48 suites – all featuring private balconies or terraces with a panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea.
- A new beginning for Kruger Gate as it begins to operate independentlyon 12/08/2022 at 08:52
Kruger Gate Hotel looks to chart its own course as it parts ways with Protea Hotels by Marriott International. Marriott International and Platinum Hospitality Holdings agree on Kruger Gate separation from the Marriott portfolio. Kruger Gate no longer part of Marriott International from 1 […]
- Citi Double Cash Card Bonus Of 20,000 Points ($200)by Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 22:00
Link: Apply now for the Citi Double Cash Card
- Thompson Central Park New York Launches “Upper Stories” Conceptby Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 21:41
The Thompson Central Park New York opened in 2021, and was a rebranding of the former Parker New York (and prior to that it was a Le Meridien… this property has quite a history).
- Choice Hotels Buys Radisson Hotel Group Americasby Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 19:00
In June 2022, it was announced that Choice Hotels would be acquiring Radisson Hotel Group Americas. I wanted to provide an update, as it has today been announced that this deal has closed.
- Marriott’s Schloss Fuschl Hotel To Become Rosewoodby Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 18:18
Schloss Fuschl, a luxury resort in Austria, will be undergoing a major renovation and changing management.
- 17 Best Credit Card Offers August 2022by Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 17:51
Every month I make a post with what I consider to be the best credit card offers at the time, with a particular focus on the best travel credit cards.
- Aer Lingus A330 Flight Diverts To Same Airport Twiceby Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 16:06
On Tuesday, an Aer Lingus Airbus A330 diverted to the same airport twice on a single flight. This is even wilder than the story I shared earlier in the week, where the same TUI Boeing 737 diverted twice in the same day (on different flights).
- Focus: Experience All the Adventures of Abu Dhabiby Breaking Travel News on 11/08/2022 at 15:33
Looking for an adventure this summer? Look no further than Abu Dhabi, with its diverse range of action-packed activities – it’s an ideal holiday for those looking to get some thrills and create long-lasting memories.
- Buy Marriott Bonvoy Points With A 25% Bonusby Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 15:29
Marriott Bonvoy has just launched its latest promotion on purchased points. While some members might find this to be worthwhile, it’s one of the weaker offers we’ve seen from the program, and that doesn’t even factor in the recent Bonvoy devaluation.
- News: SIXT posts record revenues for first half 2022by Breaking Travel News on 11/08/2022 at 15:28
SIXT continued on its very strong growth course in the first half of 2022, despite unprecedented challenges, and increased its consolidated revenue by 59.4% to EUR1.32 billion compared to the same period last year. This represents the strongest first half in the company’s history.
- News: Jamaica and the Cayman Islands set to collaborate on tourismby Breaking Travel News on 11/08/2022 at 15:25
Jamaica and the Cayman Islands have initiated discussions to facilitate collaboration on tourism, in order to leverage the strong historical ties, plus synergies between the tourism sectors of both nations. Among the areas for potential cooperation are multi-destination tourism, airlift, […]
- News: TAP Air Portugal sees fivefold increase in traffic between Europe and Brazilby Breaking Travel News on 11/08/2022 at 15:20
TAP Air Portugal experienced a 526% increase in customers carried between Europe and Brazil in the first six months of 2022, compared to the previous year. The Portuguese flag carrier flew more than 640,000 customers on more than 3,100 flights, grabbing nearly a third (28%) of the whole […]
- News: LATAM continues its operational recovery in second quarterby Breaking Travel News on 11/08/2022 at 15:15
LATAM announced its consolidated financial results for the second quarter of 2022, which reflect a gradual recovery of the operation, reaching a consolidated capacity of 72.6% compared to 2019 levels, and more than double the capacity of the same quarter of 2021, growing by 135.2%.
- News: Kempinski extends North America footprintby Breaking Travel News on 11/08/2022 at 15:08
Kempinski will take over the 363-room Grand Hotel Cancun in September 2022. With no closure of operations, the property will undergo various improvements to Kempinski brand standards, and from the end of 2022 it will be fully operated as Kempinski Hotel Cancun.
- Star Alliance Airport Lounge Access Explainedby Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 14:52
One of the great things about the ”big three” global airline alliances is that they offer reciprocal lounge access for travelers. In this post I wanted to take a closer look at the Star Alliance’s lounge access policy for travelers, as understanding the nuances of airport lounge […]
- My Hyatt Concierge: How Valuable Is This Benefit?by Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 12:06
There are lots of great benefits to World of Hyatt Globalist status. In this post I wanted to talk about one of the ”softer” benefits of Hyatt status, which is the ”My Hyatt Concierge” perk. How do you earn it, and how valuable is it?
- Emirates First Class Caviar Now “Unlimited”by Ben Schlappig on 11/08/2022 at 11:00
Last month I wrote about how Emirates has changed its caviar policy for first class passengers for the better. This is noteworthy for two reasons — both for the policy as such, and for how rare it is for an airline to make a genuinely positive yet potentially expensive soft product […]
- World Travel & Tourism Council welcomes Inflation Reduction Act of 2022on 11/08/2022 at 06:35
Global tourism body says provisions will help accelerate Travel & Tourism’s climate commitments.
- Business travelers set to see air fares rise by 8.4%, hotel rates by 8.2%, and car rental charges by 6.8% in 2023on 11/08/2022 at 06:27
This is on top of a predicted full year 2022 increase in air fares of 48.5%, hotel rates of 18.5%, and car rental charges of 7.3%.
- Long-haul destinations make a comeback, hotel and flight demand stay strong during Q2, says Expediaon 11/08/2022 at 06:24
New Q2 2022 Traveler Insights Report from Expedia Group Media Solutions indicates sustained travel demand despite headwinds.
- UK hospitality sector urged to capitalise on customer loyalty during UK staycation boomon 11/08/2022 at 06:17
A new White Label Loyalty report on ‘creating effective loyalty programs’ offers advice to businesses to ensure holiday makers return again and again.
- Travel industry missing opportunity to cross-sell experienceson 11/08/2022 at 06:02
Consumer survey from Globick shows that 69% of those who’ve booked a hotel or flight are open to prompts to purchase in-destination experiences. Results show that over half of all travellers are now purchasing in-destination experiences ahead of arrival. Limited variation in buying […]
- STR: Berlin hotel occupancy pulled closer to pre-pandemic comparable in Julyon 11/08/2022 at 05:57
When looking at daily data, Tuesdays and Wednesdays showed better levels than June, pointing to continued progress in the return of business demand.
- BCD Travel extends partnership with FairFly to power Air Price Assurance across its global customer baseon 11/08/2022 at 05:52
BCD Air Price Assurance, powered by FairFly, predicts when fare changes will occur and automatically cancels and rebooks tickets at lower rates. The APA solution helps save time and generates savings up to 4.8% of overall air spend with zero disruption to the traveler.
- Surge in online travel agency complaints “a huge contractual mess”, says UKICCon 11/08/2022 at 05:48
One of the most noticeable trends from the UKICC’s 1st quarter 2022 data report (from January to end March 2022) was the large number of complaints UK consumers made about online travel agency activities.
- Clarion Pointe opens 50th hotel as expansion continues around the countryon 11/08/2022 at 05:44
Demand for midscale brand featuring affordable, elevated essentials grows.
- First Hospitality relocates to downtown Chicago office to supprt company growth and developementon 11/08/2022 at 05:40
First Hospitality sees potential in relocating to downtown Chicago to accommodate business growth and provide additional resources to clients and employees.
- Ryanair’s Agadir bucket list revealed - Direct flights from Manchester this Winteron 11/08/2022 at 05:38
Ryanair has fares from Manchester available for travel from October 22 – March 23, subject to availability, and three weekly flights to choose from.
- IGY Marinas to be soldon 11/08/2022 at 05:36
MarineMax will acquire IGY Marinas for US $480 million in cash, with an additional potential earnout of up to $100 million two years after closing, subject to the achievement of defined performance metrics.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts announces the first Wyndham Grand in Mexicoon 11/08/2022 at 05:33
Wyndham Grand Cancun All-Inclusive Resort & Villas sits oceanfront in Cancun’s Hotel Zone and is the first Wyndham Grand in Mexico.
- Outrigger appoints leadership in Hawaii Vacation Condos Divisionon 11/08/2022 at 05:31
Carly Clement is named Vice President Operations and Cynde Vannatta General Manager.
- Embraer signs a service agreement to support Avantto’s executive jet fleeton 11/08/2022 at 05:24
Embraer Executive Care Program will support Avantto's Phenom fleet. Contract was announced during LABACE 2022 in Brazil.
- Club Med announces new resorts and offerings for upcoming ski seasonon 11/08/2022 at 05:21
As part of Club Med's ambition to open 17 new resorts and complete 13 renovations or property extensions by 2024, the brand will debut three new mountain resorts in December 2022.
- Mandarin Oriental strengthens global sales leadershipon 11/08/2022 at 05:18
Raphael Lanfant has been appointed Global VP Channel Sales, Geoffrey Webb has been appointed VP Global Sales Partners and Celine Du has been appointed VP Global Industry Partners.
- flydocs and Virgin Atlantic Airways renew their exclusive partnership for five-yearson 11/08/2022 at 05:13
In addition to supporting the software and technical services, flydocs will also assist Virgin Atlantic Airways with its migration from Ultramain to TRAX as their M&E system to support a fully digital and paperless process.
- AutoCamp partners with Cloud5 Communications for high-speed and reliable guest Internet accesson 11/08/2022 at 05:07
The pandemic saw Americans hit the road in droves – visiting national parks and outdoor recreation areas in surprising numbers. AutoCamp was well-suited to this new travel trend – providing its guests with access to some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes complete with […]
- Avianca Group makes NDC content available to Sabre-connected travel agentson 11/08/2022 at 04:58
Avianca Group is the first LAC-based airline to distribute its NDC content through Sabre marketplace. Sabre has activated the group’s NDC offers in several countries.
- Alaska Business Visa Approval: My Experienceby Ben Schlappig on 10/08/2022 at 23:00
Link: Apply now for the Alaska Airlines Visa Business card
- Malaysia Airlines Plans Airbus A330neo Orderby Ben Schlappig on 10/08/2022 at 20:49
While there’s nothing official yet, Reuters is reporting that Malaysia Airlines intends to place a big aircraft order next week.
- Emirates Installing Premium Economy On 120 Planesby Ben Schlappig on 10/08/2022 at 18:27
Emirates has just announced plans to invest $2 billion in the passenger experience, most of which will be spent reconfiguring existing aircraft. We can look forward to premium economy being installed on many planes, though unfortunately don’t expect major changes to first & business […]
- Priority Pass Restaurants Guide (2022)by Ben Schlappig on 10/08/2022 at 17:43
While Priority Pass mostly consists of airport lounges, the company also has dozens of restaurants that are part of the network. Over the years we’ve seen many restaurants added and removed, so I wanted to provide a consolidated, updated look at which restaurants participate in Priority […]
- Ritz-Carlton Cancun Leaving Marriott, Becoming Kempinskiby Ben Schlappig on 10/08/2022 at 17:14
As I first wrote about last week, the Ritz-Carlton Cancun is ending its affiliation with Marriott. We now know what the future holds for this hotel — it’ll become a Kempinski.
- Wide Open: Fiji Airways Business Class Awardsby Ben Schlappig on 10/08/2022 at 15:06
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity…
- News: PLAY Is giving away free tickets to see Iceland’s erupting volcanoby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 12:33
Iceland’s low-cost carrier is offering adventurers the chance to witness a natural phenomenon, for free!
- News: Programme on Vietnam’s tourism power in Ho Chi Minh Cityby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 12:31
A programme connecting the power of Vietnam’s tourism has started in Ho Chi Minh City. This two-day occurrence is finding ways to increase growth of international tourism along with complete retrieval of Vietnam’s tourism.
- News: BCD Travel extends partnership with FairFly to power Air Price Assurance across its global customerby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 12:23
Travel management company BCD Travel announced today that they will leverage FairFly’s market-leading technology and artificial intelligence to power their Air Price Assurance (APA) solution. With FairFly’s global automated GDS coverage, BCD will be able to offer their APA solution to […]
- News: Windstar Launches 2023 Winter Season Beach Fun and Sun Cruiseby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 12:21
Windstar Cruises has revealed its Beach Fun & Sun: A Remote Caribbean Getaway itinerary, scheduled for winter of 2023.
- News: So long single use bottles: Jumeirah Beach Hotel installs onsite bottling plantby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 12:18
Dubai’s luxury family resort launches sustainably bottled drinking water in-house and replaces single-use plastic by the pool and beach with Tritan™ refillable bottles.
- News: Radisson resort plaza skiathos opens in the Sporades islandsby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 12:15
Radisson Hotel Group opens its latest Greek upscale resort in the Greek Sporades islands on the sought-after island destination of Skiathos, known for its unspoiled natural beauty and exquisite sandy beaches on the blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
- News: The Viking Saigon begins inaugural season in southeast Asiaby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 07:18
Viking® today announced that its newest river ship, the Viking Saigon℠, has begun its inaugural season in Southeast Asia. Purpose-built for the Mekong River, the 80-guest ship sails between Kampong Cham, Cambodia and Mỹ Tho, Vietnam as part of Viking’s popular 15-day Magnificent […]
- News: W Costa Navarino brings style, originality, and vibrant energy to the Mediterraneanby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 07:14
W Hotels, part of Marriott Bonvoy’s portfolio of 30 extraordinary hotel brands, today announced the opening of W Costa Navarino. The highly anticipated debut of this Greek retreat brings a vibrant and creative energy to the Navarino Waterfront, the newest integrated resort area of Costa […]
- News: Shred into ski season with Club Med’s new all-inclusive ski resorts and offeringsby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 07:05
Club Med, the pioneer of the all-inclusive concept, announced today new details on the continued enhancement of their current ski offerings, operating more than 20 mountain resorts in Canada, the French, Italian, and Swiss Alps, Japan, and China.
- News: Revolutionary new private luxury club concept to launch in Dubaiby Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 06:56
The famed Watch Meister brand, announces the launch of The Meister’s Club later this year - a highly exclusive luxury members club that blends the digital and real world together – offering unprecedented access to global luxurious lifestyle experiences and elite global business […]
- News: Delta rebrands Corp. Tools as ‘Delta Business’by Breaking Travel News on 10/08/2022 at 06:49
Delta Air Lines has consolidated its corporate and travel agency tools and services under one umbrella, the company announced Tuesday.
- Labor Day Travel Survey: 53%+ to travel (137m. Americans)on 10/08/2022 at 06:31
More than half of American adults say that high gas prices will affect their Labor Day travel plans. 33.33% because they want to drive and 16.85% because they want to fly.
- Inflation wipes out rise in hotel priceson 10/08/2022 at 06:27
Taking inflation into account, hotel prices in 2022 are cheaper than in 2019 in most European tourist destinations.
- Cyprus Airways registers strong July ’22 performanceon 10/08/2022 at 06:25
Average seat load factors for the month stood at 92% whilst OTP (On Time Performance) figures show that 76% of flights operated on time.
- W Hotels ushers in a new era of luxury lifestyle on the Greek coast with the opening of W Costa Navarinoon 10/08/2022 at 06:20
W Costa Navarino brings style, originality, and vibrant energy to the Mediterranean.
- Strong travel summer for TUI Group: TUI continues to expect return to significantly positive underlying EBIT for the full yearon 10/08/2022 at 06:16
First near-breakeven quarterly result since the pandemic already in Q3 2022. Holiday Experiences segment and the Central Region with positive results. Average prices around one fifth above pre-Corona level. 5.1 million guests travelled with TUI in the period under review, 90 per cent of […]
- Avoya Travel celebrates significant network growth through increase in new affliationson 10/08/2022 at 06:09
With the significant increase in demand that arose during the pandemic for independent contracting opportunities and the ability to earn income remotely, Avoya has seized on the opportunity to capitalize on the trend by re-initiating a campaign to encourage new-to-travel Independent […]
- Major US airlines’ revenue in Q2 2022 exceeds the pre-pandemic levelson 10/08/2022 at 06:00
TradingPedia's new report focuses on the development of the U.S. domestic airlines industry in Q2 2022.
- ASL Aviation Holdings now owns 100% of X-air Serviceson 10/08/2022 at 05:56
Share acquisition agreed with Sabena technics.
- Vista announces record sales in the 1st half of 2022 as members increase 43%on 10/08/2022 at 05:48
Record sales across Vista’s core subscription offerings as client demand continues to grow for both VistaJet and XO memberships. Successful closing of Air Hamburg and Jet Edge acquisitions, both being immediately accretive and significantly expanding the Group’s scale and service […]
- Introducing Lisbon’s new creative hub, Hotel Hotelon 10/08/2022 at 05:42
An art-led journey through Hotel Hotel begins with work by Maria Ana Vasco Costa, who was entrusted to create the building’s façade; she produced and individually placed handmade tiles on the exterior in a scale-like 3-D pattern, resulting in a multifaceted, blue-green surface that […]
- Canadian Association of Tour Operators forms partnership with Tourism Careson 10/08/2022 at 05:38
This strategic alliance between CATO and Tourism Cares will propel these organizations’ shared mission to support and advance sustainable tourism.
- Ryanair expects zero disruptions to its 3,000 daily flights from strikes by Spanish cabin crew unionson 10/08/2022 at 05:34
No flights were cancelled in July due to the strikes by USO & SITCPLA unions.
- BMA House amongst first to achieve Greengage ECOsmart Platinum accreditationon 10/08/2022 at 05:31
Platinum ECOsmart venues are leaders in hospitality and have considered sustainability in all aspects of their business.
- TripStax expands management team with appointment of Chief Operating Officeron 10/08/2022 at 05:27
Bruce Hanna brings extensive travel technology industry experience and has an impressive track record of establishing new teams and operations across different organisations, countries and cultures in Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, Asia Pacific and the USA.
- News: Agoda and Alipay+ expand on their partnership to offer greater rewards to travelers through digitalby Breaking Travel News on 09/08/2022 at 13:19
Agoda and Alipay+ today announced a new partnership that will leverage Alipay+ solutions on the Agoda platform for better customer benefits and rewards. This is in addition to the existing integration of multiple digital wallets, namely the AlipayHK, GCash and TrueMoney, through Alipay+ […]
- News: Dubai visitor numbers soarby Breaking Travel News on 09/08/2022 at 12:23
Dubai attracted 7.12 million international overnight visitors in the first half of 2022, with growth almost double compared to the same period in 2021. Average hotel occupancy rates were among the highest in the world as the emirate gets its tourism goals back on track, and reinforces its […]
- News: Nobu to launch in Danang, Vietnamby Breaking Travel News on 09/08/2022 at 11:30
Luxury hospitality brand Nobu has announced it will open its first hotel, restaurant and residences in Vietnam, in partnership with Viet Capital Real Estate and Phoenix Holdings.
- NEW RECORD FOR DUBLIN AIRPORT!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 17:00
Dublin Airport welcomed more than 3.1 million passengers in July, which was a new monthly record for the airport, and a 6 per cent increase on the same period last year… July was the first time in the airport’s 77-year … Continue reading →
- FOUR UK AIRPORTS TOLD THEY MUST IMPROVE DISABILITY FACILITIES BUT NI AIRPORTS MAKE THE GRADE!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 12:00
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has published a report that assesses the top 30 UK airports on the quality of assistance they provide to passengers with a disability… The report reveals that the majority of UK airports are providing … Continue reading →
- CALL FOR TWO DRINK LIMIT AND A BAN ON ALCOHOL SALES BEFORE 10AM!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 09:00
Ryanair is asking UK airports to enforce a two-drink limit per boarding pass and a ban on alcohol sales before 10am after it was revealed the number of passengers arrested for drunken behaviour has increased by 50 per cent in … Continue reading →
- BELFAST HARBOUR’S CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL ONE STEP CLOSER!by nitravelnews on 11/08/2017 at 12:00
A new £15 million cruise ship terminal at Belfast Harbour is one step closer to being a reality as a planning application – submitted last year for a “multi-purpose facility for berthing of cruise ships” – is scheduled to be … Continue reading →
- 10 THINGS TO DO IN NORTHERN IRELAND NEXT WEEK!by nitravelnews on 11/08/2017 at 08:00
DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events… Here are 10 exciting things taking place next week (Aug 14-20). 1. Children’s Summer Street Theatre with the Raven Sisters, Portstewart, 18 … Continue reading →
- HEAD ON DOWN TO THE PORTAVOGIE SEAFOOD FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND!by nitravelnews on 10/08/2017 at 11:59
Portavogie Harbour will be bustling with activity on this Saturday (August 12) as the Portavogie Seafood Festival kicks off… Learn how to cook the perfect fish dish with celebrity chef Nick Nairn at the festival kitchen, sample delicious seafood delicacies … Continue reading →
- ENHANCED SECURITY AT DUBLIN AIRPORT – CHANGES TO CHECK-IN TIMES!by nitravelnews on 08/08/2017 at 12:00
American Airlines have announced that their check-in counters at Dublin Airport will now be closing 75 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time to allow passengers to pass security checkpoints in time… This change is due to enhanced security checks … Continue reading →
- SSP TO INVEST £2.5 MILLION IN BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OUTLETS!by nitravelnews on 08/08/2017 at 08:00
SSP, a leading operator of food and beverage outlets in travel locations worldwide, is embarking on a £2.5 million expansion at Belfast International Airport which will lead to up to seventy new full and part-time jobs… Most of the work … Continue reading →
- BBC’s The One Show comes to the Causeway Coastby nitravelnews on 07/08/2017 at 17:00
More than 4 million people will be tuning into images of the Causeway Coast this week, on BBC’s hugely popular The One Show… Matt Baker and Alex Jones will be presenting their special ‘Big Causeway Crawl’ – making their way … Continue reading →
- BELFAST CITY AIRPORT SHORTLISTED FOR GLOBAL AVIATION AWARDby nitravelnews on 07/08/2017 at 12:00
George Best Belfast City Airport has been nominated for one of the most prestigious global marketing awards in aviation for a second successive year… The airport has been shortlisted for the ‘Under 4 Million Passenger’ category of the World Routes … Continue reading →