Grab a cup of coffee and be informed about the latest travel news
- FAA Tells Airlines To Do More About Unruly Passenger Behaviorby Ben Schlappig on 22/09/2021 at 13:06
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) wants airlines to do more to address unruly passengers, and they’ll have to act quick… but how?
- Details: DOJ Challenging American & JetBlue Allianceby Ben Schlappig on 22/09/2021 at 12:05
American Airlines and JetBlue Airways announced a Northeast alliance in 2020. This is now facing some major scrutiny from regulators.
- Airbus A350 Getting Dimmable Windows In 2022by Ben Schlappig on 22/09/2021 at 10:50
At CES 2020, it was revealed that Airbus eventually planned to introduce dimmable windows in its aircraft cabins. This week the European aircraft manufacturer has revealed more details about the plans, and not everyone will be a fan.
- SFO Airport Adds Employee Vaccine Mandateby Ben Schlappig on 22/09/2021 at 10:17
We’ve seen some airlines start to require vaccination among employees, and now one major airport in the United States has added a similar requirement.
- News: American faces JetBlue lawsuit in United Statesby Breaking Travel News on 22/09/2021 at 07:01
The US justice department has argued a growing alliance between the two carriers had created a “de facto merger” in the New York and Boston markets, reducing competition.
- End of furlough presents balancing act for UK travel firms, says GlobalDataon 22/09/2021 at 06:56
GlobalData forecasts UK domestic travel to rebound to 2019 levels during 2022, when it will reach 123.9 million trips.
- 2021 CEIR Index Report now availableon 22/09/2021 at 06:50
The CEIR Index Report provides data on the U.S. B2B exhibition industry across 14 key sectors.
- Access Point Financial forms strategic alliance with Pike Hill Lodging Partners and expands executive leadership teamon 22/09/2021 at 06:45
Expanded relationship streamlines availability of flexible and comprehensive financial services, with Pike Hill co-founders Tim Peterson and Ankur Shah also joining APF as Co-Heads of Capital Markets and Corporate Development.
- The Évora Forum – A World for Travel takes the lead in sustainable actions for the travel industryon 22/09/2021 at 06:41
The teams at A World for Travel and the Resilience Council developed a baseline of where the travel industry currently is in terms of sustainable actions and goals.
- GBTA applauds relaxing of U.S. travel ban for vaccinated foreign nationalson 22/09/2021 at 06:34
Travel bans and quarantines have greatly impacted business travel – a decline in global business travel spending for 2021 is forecast at approximately $550 billion USD.
- Bold programme line-up unveiled as ACI Europe counts down to first post-pandemic industry gatheringon 22/09/2021 at 06:27
Away from the stage, the Geneva gathering will also feature the Gala Dinner, showcasing the Best Airport Awards for 2021, and a range of networking opportunities as the industry reconnects. Online participants will be able to follow award and event highlights as the Congress unfolds.
- Onyx CenterSource develops payment platform for Booking.com’s travel agency affiliateson 22/09/2021 at 06:20
The new platform, developed in conjunction with Booking.com's existing Amadeus integration, will enable travel agencies to easily and securely receive payments for their revenue share of completed stays booked through the platform.
- The Glasgow Declaration: An urgent global call for commitment to a decade of climate action in tourismon 22/09/2021 at 06:14
The signatories of the Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism are committing to act now and accelerate climate action to cut global tourism emissions by at least a half over the next decade and reach Net Zero emissions as soon as possible before 2050.
- The theme parks around the world where you get the most rides for your moneyon 22/09/2021 at 06:10
The most expensive theme park is the popular Universal Studios in Hollywood, costing £9.35 per ride.
- News: UNWTO prepares Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action ahead of COP26by Breaking Travel News on 22/09/2021 at 06:09
The declaration, developed by a collaborative group of leading organisations, is an urgent call for all stakeholders to commit to a decade of climate action in tourism.
- Corendon Airlines reports ‘bookings spike’ as it launches new 2022 Dalaman, Bodrum and Antalya routeson 22/09/2021 at 06:04
The new routes are in addition to a new daily service from London Gatwick to Antalya service and flights from Gatwick and Manchester to Crete and Rhodes.
- UniFocus to showcase how hoteliers can unleash the true potential of workforce management efficiency at the Lodging Conferenceon 22/09/2021 at 05:59
Leading innovator of labor and task optimization technology demonstrates the four key pillars required to achieve effective shift coverage and high-quality service while maximizing staff loyalty and hotel revenues.
- News: Virgin Atlantic prepares for North America reopeningby Breaking Travel News on 22/09/2021 at 05:54
Virgin Atlantic has had a buoyant evening for flight bookings, following the much-anticipated reopening of the transatlantic corridor. Bookings to the USA increased by over 600 per cent.
- ProfitSword and Duetto partner to provide hotels with latest in time-saving revenue and performance forecasting accuracyon 22/09/2021 at 05:53
Leading innovators of business intelligence and revenue management technology announce partnership offering hoteliers access to revenue projections for seamless budgeting and business performance analysis.
- News: JLL Short Stays rolls out in UKby Breaking Travel News on 22/09/2021 at 05:47
JLL has unveiled plans for JLL Short Stays, a new booking platform offering professionally managed and fully flexible short-term rental accommodation in towns and cities across the UK.
- Steyn City celebrates another World Class Facilityon 22/09/2021 at 05:47
The Steyn City Lagoon powered by GAST Clearwater promises to turn every day at Steyn City into a holiday.
- News: Further cancellations for Australia cruise seasonby Breaking Travel News on 22/09/2021 at 05:42
P&O Cruises Australia has extended its pause in operations for cruises departing from Sydney and Brisbane by a further month until mid-January next year.
- MIA maintains airport health accreditation from ACI Worldon 22/09/2021 at 05:42
ACI’s Airport Health Accreditation program assists airports by assessing new health measures and procedures introduced because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- IHG Hotels & Resorts selects TraknProtect as an approved provider of staff safety and location-based technologyon 22/09/2021 at 05:35
New agreement results in TraknProtect serving as an official IHG provider for employee distress buttons, real-time asset and vendor tracking capabilities along with the latest in cleaning protocol monitoring functionality.
- VRTECH announces the winner of this year’s Startup Competition at the Vacation Rental World Summiton 22/09/2021 at 05:31
The winner, Rented, provides technology, tools, and services to help vacation rental pros optimize their portfolio of properties.
- Etihad and Sabre announce long-term partnership with key technology renewalson 22/09/2021 at 05:28
Sabre’s network planning and revenue management suite will continue to play key role in recovery.
- Marriott International signs agreement with Progetto Majestic S.R.L to debut the first W Hotel in Tuscanyon 22/09/2021 at 05:25
W Hotels sets its sights on the home of the renaissance.
- Transavia touches down in Milan Bergamoon 22/09/2021 at 05:16
Joining Milan Bergamo’s established service to Eindhoven, the launch of Transavia’s link to Rotterdam will give the Air France-KLM group carrier a 30% share of the airport’s Dutch network.
- WebBeds - powering for travel recovery, fast tracking long-term strategyon 22/09/2021 at 05:11
Business transformation to simplify and drive efficiencies; Technology developments to better support supply partners.
- WTS International announces Barry Goldstein as Chief Executive Officeron 22/09/2021 at 05:07
Goldstein has more than 30 years of executive leadership experience at both Fortune 100 companies and privately held organizations, in management consulting, consumer packaged goods, information technology and, for the last 17 years, in the hospitality industry.
- easyJet sees bookings take off following the latest UK Traffic Light announcementon 22/09/2021 at 05:01
In the coming days easyJet will be adding a further 51,000 seats for departures from the UK to beach destinations for October. High demand for flights to ski destinations in the New Year, with the top destinations being Geneva from Manchester, London Luton, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool […]
- American Airlines Is Very Bad At Selling Upgradesby Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 20:19
American Airlines has never been terribly aggressive about selling upgrades, at least in comparison to Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. As an elite member, I’d consider that to be a good thing, since it leaves more seats for elite members to be upgraded to.
- My Favorite Timezones For Living & Travelingby Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 19:36
To me the topic of timezones is interesting, both as it impacts where one chooses to live, and in terms of choosing where to vacation. I love traveling far away, and in a way jetlag has its charms, but there’s also something nice about not having a major disruption to your typical […]
- Earning Delta Elite Status With Credit Card Spendingby Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 17:26
One of the things that make Delta credit cards unique is how they can be used to earn elite status. Delta lets you spend your way towards status, and in theory, you could even earn top-tier status with Delta exclusively through credit card spending.
- News: AHIC 2021: Worsley recognised for contribution to tourismby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 17:06
As the show returns to Dubai, AHIC founder Jonathan Worsley has been honoured by the UNWTO for his contribution to tourism in the Middle East.
- News: AHIC 2021: DoubleTree by Hilton to debut in Cameroonby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 16:53
Hilton has announced the signing of an agreement with Société Nouvelle des Cocotiers to launch its upscale DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Cameroon.
- News: AHIC 2021: Accor to take Novotel into Saudi Arabiaby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 16:49
Accor is growing its portfolio in Saudi Arabia, partnering with Taiba Investments to open the first Novotel branded property in the city of Madinah.
- Here Are My Favorite Airline Ad Campaignsby Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 16:07
I’ve written in the past about the best airline boarding music (which I often listen to at home). Continuing with the theme of enjoying airline-related things at home, today I wanted to share some of my favorite airline ads that were produced in the past 20 years.
- News: AHIC 2021: Days Hotel by Wyndham Dubai Deira takes brand into UAEby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 15:30
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is further expanding its international footprint with the opening of the newly built 131-room Days Hotel by Wyndham Dubai Deira.
- Amex Blue Business Card Welcome Bonusesby Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 14:30
A couple of months ago, two of my favorite Amex business credit cards received welcome bonuses. That might not sound that exciting, but these cards historically haven’t had publicly available welcome bonuses. These offers are still going strong, so if you don’t yet have one of these, […]
- Can Your Travel Companions Visit You In First Class?by Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 13:32
Say you’re traveling with friends or family, and you’re split between different cabins. Is it appropriate for someone in economy to visit someone in first class, for example? Generally speaking, the rule is that you can visit guests in a ”lower” cabin, but you can’t go up to a […]
- Air China’s New Business Class Suite With Doors (Recaro CL6720 Seat)by Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 12:23
Air China will be the launch customer for the newest business class suite with doors.
- Focus: Breaking Travel News investigates: The St. Regis Dubai, The Palm opens its doorsby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 12:06
Heralding the storied heritage of St. Regis, the hotel joins a dynamic global portfolio and brings the signature hallmarks of bespoke service, innovative design and exquisite experiences to the world-famous island and cosmopolitan city of Dubai.
- Priority Pass Restaurants Guide (2021)by Ben Schlappig on 21/09/2021 at 11:39
While Priority Pass mostly consists of airport lounges, the company also has dozens of restaurants that are part of the network. Over the years we’ve seen many restaurants added and removed, so I wanted to provide a consolidated, updated look at which restaurants participate in Priority […]
- News: Half of Carnival Cruise Line fleet now at seaby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 07:18
With Carnival Dream and Carnival Glory resuming guest operations, Carnival Cruise Line now has 11 ships sailing again. The figure represents half of company’s United States-based fleet.
- New USTOA survey reveals the business impact from EU decision to remove the U.S. for Safe Travel Liston 21/09/2021 at 07:13
Two thirds of USTOA active members report a decrease in overall demand for new bookings following the announcement.
- Otolo offers free exclusive mentoring places to 60 people in their Autumn Mentoring Circles programmeon 21/09/2021 at 07:05
The exclusive mentoring sessions, hosted by experienced industry leaders are designed to enable individuals to learn new skills, rebuild careers and connect with professionals, offering hands-on guidance, lessons and support based on the mentors’ own expertise.
- Wyndham bolsters strategic revenue management services through expanded collaboration with OTA Insighton 21/09/2021 at 06:58
Continued investment in industry-leading suite of tools will empower hotels in Europe, Middle East, Eurasia and Africa to boost performance and support revenue recovery.
- Arabian Travel Market 2022 going back to the futureon 21/09/2021 at 06:53
Popular hybrid format to continue - live and in-person event to take place 8-11 May 2022 - virtual edition will be on 17 and 18 May 2022.
- Radisson Hotel Group announces a record year in Africa, with 13 hotels and 2,500 rooms signed to dateon 21/09/2021 at 06:50
As part of the expansion strategy, the Group has put forward growth priorities across key markets such as Morocco, Egypt and South Africa.
- Holiday season improvements in passenger traffic “cannot be called a recovery” says ACI Europeon 21/09/2021 at 06:45
While airports in the EU+ area1 kept underperforming the European average in July at -56.1%, the improvement over Q2 2021 (-81%) was also significant.
- Puerto Rico announced as Host Destination for Connect Marketplace 2022on 21/09/2021 at 06:39
The May 2022 event on the Island will bring together 2,000 tourism and hospitality professionals.
- M3 to showcase latest offerings and developments at 2021 HITEC Dallason 21/09/2021 at 06:31
M3 also invites registrants to attend its live “Financial Re-Focus” session on Sept. 29 for a discussion on cash-flow management and best spending practices.
- MATCH Hospitality and Qatar Airways announce the launch of exclusive access to flights for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022on 21/09/2021 at 06:24
Unique “early bird” programme from MATCH Hospitality and Qatar Airways offers flight seat booking months in advance of general availability – a commercial aviation first.
- News: Airbus joins DAX40 index in Germanyby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 06:17
Deutsche Börse completed the expansion of the DAX from 30 to 40 companies earlier as part of a reform process and appointed Airbus, among others, to the German premium index.
- Sherry Abedi appointed General Manager of Hotel Zena and Viceroy Washington DCon 21/09/2021 at 06:17
Sherry Abedi joins executive team at two new D.C. hotels.
- Marriott Residences appoints Luxury Media Experts NMG Network to launch its first global multichannel experienceon 21/09/2021 at 06:08
Introduced first as a premium publication, HEREIN, will appeal to residents and real estate buyers around the globe who enjoy a lifestyle that is truly distinct, enhancing their lives with luxurious amenities and sophisticated style found at world-class hotels and resorts.
- The Joseph, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Nashville announces three new leaderson 21/09/2021 at 05:57
Mark Yanke, Kalyana Krishnamoorthy and Pilar Ortiz join the refined Nashville Hotel.
- Element announces strategic reseller partnership with Traveknowledgy at this year’s Travel Tech Showon 21/09/2021 at 05:52
Agreement enables the travel tech specialist to provide TMCs and OTAs with automation technology for post-booking processes.
- Napa's Milliken Creek Inn unveils modernized redesign with enhanced luxury amenitieson 21/09/2021 at 05:47
The serene, 11-room inn features a sophisticated new look, elevated amenities and curated, personalized services.
- Hapi hits growth spurt, adds customers and team memberson 21/09/2021 at 05:37
The integrations platform for hospitality is now partnered with 8,000 hotels globally and has hired 7 employees in the past month, with plans to add more team members this year.
- Viva Wyndham anounces reopening of Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace after extensive renovationson 21/09/2021 at 05:32
Renovations to the all-inclusive resort include stunning new décor and furniture featured in the hotel lobby, while the resort’s shopping center, the Pueblito, has new décor, along with a new American-inspired coffee shop.
- New app offers unique one-stop platform for all essential real-time travel dataon 21/09/2021 at 05:28
Wandry provides accurate, trusted travel information to help people reconnect with the world.
- Qatar Airways joins ICAO Global Coalition for Sustainable Aviationon 21/09/2021 at 05:19
Qatar Airways is the first airline in the Middle East to participate in the coalition. The Global Coalition for Sustainable Aviation is a powerful ICAO platform to create synergies between the aviation stakeholders towards decarbonisation.
- Avery Aoki appointed Chief Financial officer at Outrigger Hospitality Groupon 21/09/2021 at 05:15
For more than three decades, Aoki has had a notable career with Outrigger – joining the company in 1986 as controller. In 1990, he was promoted to Director of Finance, followed by Vice President of Finance and Accounting in 1996.
- Accor expands luxury footprint in Sub-Saharan Africa with Fairmont in Djiboution 21/09/2021 at 05:06
The group signs deal to open its first luxury property in Djibouti in 2024.
- American Airlines invests in Brazil's GOL Airlines which has interline agreement with Cubana de Aviacionon 21/09/2021 at 04:57
OFAC permits this type of non-controlling investment.
- News: AHIC 2021: Envi Lodges seeks to bring glamping to Middle Eastby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 04:53
A new luxury experiential eco-lodge brand and management company launched during the Arabian & African Hotel Investment Conference at Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai.
- News: United States to reopen borders to European travellersby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 03:31
Officials in the United States have confirmed Covid-19-related travel restrictions will be lifted for travellers from the European Union, United Kingdom and elsewhere from November.
- News: Jet2 finds confidence returning among travellersby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 02:37
When it comes to confidence about booking and travelling on holidays this summer and beyond, almost two-thirds of respondents say they feel confident – the highest level since early 2020.
- News: Hakkasan Dubai reopens at Atlantis, the Palmby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 01:43
The award-winning global Cantonese restaurant Hakkasan Dubai has reopened with a refreshed interior and a reimagined seasonal food and cocktail menu.
- News: AHIC 2021: Hilton grows Middle East pipeline as market recoversby Breaking Travel News on 21/09/2021 at 01:12
Hilton will be bringing a major presence to AHIC in Dubai this week off the back of a year that has seen it continue to expand its regional pipeline across Middle East and Africa.
- News: AHIC 2021: London Project confirms international expansionby Breaking Travel News on 20/09/2021 at 23:04
Dubai Bluewaters’ multifaceted dining and lifestyle destination, the London Project, has revealed its plans for expansion in the United Arab Emirates and internationally.
- News: AHIC 2021: Industry gathers in Dubai as confidence returnsby Breaking Travel News on 20/09/2021 at 22:43
More than 700 hospitality owners, investors, developers and operators from across the Middle East and Africa have gathered to kick off the 2021 edition of AHIC.
- Do You Have To “Dress The Part” In First Class?by Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 22:25
It’s always fun to discuss travel etiquette on the blog, as it generates some interesting conversations, with differing perspectives. I often get asked if there’s a dress code when flying in first class (whether domestic or international), and if one should dress up when sitting in […]
- Boeing Investigating Future Air Force One Tequila Bottlesby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 19:31
Two small tequila bottles found on the future Air Force One are causing quite a kerfuffle.
- Is Guatemala City Worth Visiting?by Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 18:41
OMAAT readers have collectively been just about everywhere, so I’m sure some people will have thoughts here.
- Airplane Seat Change Etiquette & Tipsby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 17:36
Airplane seating arrangements can be complicated, especially when you’re traveling with others — some airlines charge to assign seats, some airlines don’t assign seats in advance, some people may book last minute and not be able to reserve seats together, etc.
- Thoughts On Recent Domestic First Class Mealsby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 15:46
Most airlines are currently in a transitionary period when it comes to inflight service & catering. At the start of the pandemic airlines greatly reduced service to minimize contact between passengers and crews. Now airlines have started to bring back service, though gradually, with […]
- United States Ends Travel Bans, Requires Vaccinationby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 14:58
The Biden administration has revealed that the United States will finally be ending its nonsensical travel bans, instead replacing them with a new vaccination requirement for foreign visitors. Furthermore, unvaccinated Americans who are traveling internationally will be required to […]
- Delta Pay With Miles: Everything You Need To Knowby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 13:26
While Delta SkyMiles isn’t my favorite mileage currency, one of the things I do appreciate about SkyMiles is that the program has a higher ”floor” value for miles than American and United.
- News: Radisson Collection Hotel, Magdalena Plaza Sevilla opens in Spainby Breaking Travel News on 20/09/2021 at 12:58
Set on a palm-tree lined, pedestrian square, Radisson Collection Hotel, Magdalena Plaza Sevilla has opened its doors to welcome the exceptional to Spain.
- British Airways Executive Club Extends Elite Statusby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 12:29
British Airways Executive Club extended status by 12 months back in 2020, around the start of the pandemic. In the spring of 2021 the airline announced another status extension for some members, and now a status extension has been announced for other members who didn’t benefit from the […]
- Oops: How Did United Boeing 737 “Tip” Backward?by Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 11:57
This is rare, but not unheard of…
- Dear Alaska Airlines: Can You Please Fly To Miami?by Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 11:07
As a Miami resident, I’ve been thrilled to see all the new competition that has been added at Miami International Airport (MIA) recently from JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit. Historically all three airlines exclusively served the area via Fort Lauderdale (FLL), while they now offer […]
- This Hyatt Charges A Destination Fee For The View…by Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 09:54
Weve seen an increasing number of hotels add destination fees to room rates. Initially this trend started at resorts with resort fees, but clearly city hotels wanted in on the action as well. The concept of destination fees is that hotels claim to add some perks for all guests, and then […]
- Up To 10% Cash Back (Or 10x Amex Points) With Rakutenby Ben Schlappig on 20/09/2021 at 09:26
Online shopping portals can be a great way to pick up additional miles & points for purchases youd make anyway. Just for following a specific link you can earn bonus points or cash back in addition to the rewards youd earn for credit card spending.
- Seatrade Cruise Global reveals panelists, themes for 2021 state of the global industry keynoteon 20/09/2021 at 07:14
Cruise industry event returns to Miami Beach Convention Center 27-30 September 2021 celebrating 35th anniversary.
- Go City and Arival release new industry study on travelers’ booking preferences for attractionson 20/09/2021 at 07:11
According to the study, travelers rate flexible cancellation and booking policies as the top priority when planning their trips. Travelers who were surveyed prioritized flexibility almost 20 times more than low pricing when planning their attraction itinerary.
- Airacer launches two new platforms - Airacer Pro and Airacer Air Taxion 20/09/2021 at 07:06
Private aviation company revolutionizes industry with on-demand charter flights.
- Reside Worldwide continues expansion of its EMEA team as the growth of its tech platform accelerateson 20/09/2021 at 07:00
Jessica Sharpe and Juliet Howie will be representing the Reside team at the Business Travel Show Europe in London, U.K. between September 30 and October 1, 2021.
- BCD Travel transforms travel & expense spend management with BCD Payon 20/09/2021 at 06:56
Cloud-based platform provides frictionless, digital end-to-end experience
- GSTC formally joins ISEAL as a community memberon 20/09/2021 at 06:49
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) has formally became an ISEAL Community Member.
- TravelTech Show heralded as huge success and set to return in-person in June 2022on 20/09/2021 at 06:43
The TravelTech Show, formerly Travel Technology Europe, has been heralded a huge success by organisers with 692 active participants during the week and over half of these were travel technology buyers.
- How To Maximize Value Redeeming LifeMiles (2021)by Ben Schlappig on 19/09/2021 at 16:41
I often write about LifeMiles’ promotions on purchased miles, and other opportunities to earn LifeMiles. While I talk about how best to redeem them, I generally do so pretty vaguely.
- NEW RECORD FOR DUBLIN AIRPORT!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 17:00
Dublin Airport welcomed more than 3.1 million passengers in July, which was a new monthly record for the airport, and a 6 per cent increase on the same period last year… July was the first time in the airport’s 77-year … Continue reading →
- FOUR UK AIRPORTS TOLD THEY MUST IMPROVE DISABILITY FACILITIES BUT NI AIRPORTS MAKE THE GRADE!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 12:00
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has published a report that assesses the top 30 UK airports on the quality of assistance they provide to passengers with a disability… The report reveals that the majority of UK airports are providing … Continue reading →
- CALL FOR TWO DRINK LIMIT AND A BAN ON ALCOHOL SALES BEFORE 10AM!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 09:00
Ryanair is asking UK airports to enforce a two-drink limit per boarding pass and a ban on alcohol sales before 10am after it was revealed the number of passengers arrested for drunken behaviour has increased by 50 per cent in … Continue reading →
- BELFAST HARBOUR’S CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL ONE STEP CLOSER!by nitravelnews on 11/08/2017 at 12:00
A new £15 million cruise ship terminal at Belfast Harbour is one step closer to being a reality as a planning application – submitted last year for a “multi-purpose facility for berthing of cruise ships” – is scheduled to be … Continue reading →
- 10 THINGS TO DO IN NORTHERN IRELAND NEXT WEEK!by nitravelnews on 11/08/2017 at 08:00
DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events… Here are 10 exciting things taking place next week (Aug 14-20). 1. Children’s Summer Street Theatre with the Raven Sisters, Portstewart, 18 … Continue reading →
- HEAD ON DOWN TO THE PORTAVOGIE SEAFOOD FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND!by nitravelnews on 10/08/2017 at 11:59
Portavogie Harbour will be bustling with activity on this Saturday (August 12) as the Portavogie Seafood Festival kicks off… Learn how to cook the perfect fish dish with celebrity chef Nick Nairn at the festival kitchen, sample delicious seafood delicacies … Continue reading →
- ENHANCED SECURITY AT DUBLIN AIRPORT – CHANGES TO CHECK-IN TIMES!by nitravelnews on 08/08/2017 at 12:00
American Airlines have announced that their check-in counters at Dublin Airport will now be closing 75 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time to allow passengers to pass security checkpoints in time… This change is due to enhanced security checks … Continue reading →
- SSP TO INVEST £2.5 MILLION IN BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OUTLETS!by nitravelnews on 08/08/2017 at 08:00
SSP, a leading operator of food and beverage outlets in travel locations worldwide, is embarking on a £2.5 million expansion at Belfast International Airport which will lead to up to seventy new full and part-time jobs… Most of the work … Continue reading →
- BBC’s The One Show comes to the Causeway Coastby nitravelnews on 07/08/2017 at 17:00
More than 4 million people will be tuning into images of the Causeway Coast this week, on BBC’s hugely popular The One Show… Matt Baker and Alex Jones will be presenting their special ‘Big Causeway Crawl’ – making their way … Continue reading →
- BELFAST CITY AIRPORT SHORTLISTED FOR GLOBAL AVIATION AWARDby nitravelnews on 07/08/2017 at 12:00
George Best Belfast City Airport has been nominated for one of the most prestigious global marketing awards in aviation for a second successive year… The airport has been shortlisted for the ‘Under 4 Million Passenger’ category of the World Routes … Continue reading →