Grab a cup of coffee and be informed about the latest travel news
- What To Do When You Get Your Amex Platinum Cardby Ben on 15/01/2021 at 20:40
The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) are among the most popular premium cards out there. Both of these cards are offering great bonuses for new members at the moment, and in particular the personal version of […]
- Marriott Cuts Personalized Ambassador Elite Serviceby Ben on 15/01/2021 at 20:06
At the start of the pandemic we saw Marriott Bonvoy temporarily suspend a major benefit of Ambassador Elite, which is Marriott's top tier status. It looks increasingly likely that these cuts might be permanent. Ambassador Elite is Marriott Bonvoy's top tier status. Ordinarily Ambassador […]
- Amex Business Platinum Card Review (2021)by Ben on 15/01/2021 at 18:07
The American Express Platinum cards are some of the most well-known premium cards out there. Many people are familiar with The Platinum Card® from American Express (review), which is the personal version of the card. In this post, I wanted to take a close look at The Business Platinum […]
- News: UK travel corridor system to be suspended on Mondayby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 17:17
British prime minister, Boris Johnson, has announced the UK will close all travel corridors to protect against the risk of as yet unidentified new Covid-19 strains from next week.
- Alaska Airlines’ Strange New DC Flight Bathroom Ruleby Ben on 15/01/2021 at 15:29
Airlines have added significant restrictions on flights to & from the DC metro area over the coming week, ahead of the presidential inauguration. This follows some unruly behavior that we saw at airports and on planes around January 6, both before and after the violent riots in DC. […]
- Focus: Breaking Travel News interview: Benjamin Ackhurst, hotel manager, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubaiby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 15:18
Breaking Travel News chats with Benjamin Ackhurst, hotel manager, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai, as the hotel is recognised as one of the best-in-the-business by voters at the World Travel Awards
- Southwest Airlines Extends Companion Pass, Makes It Easier To Earnby Ben on 15/01/2021 at 15:07
In 2020 we saw airline loyalty programs largely extend status, or at least make it easier to earn. Given that travel hasn't recovered much, we're seeing a similar trend in 2021. Today a variety of positive Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards policies have been announced for the 2021 program […]
- Save $60 At Hyatt With Amex Offers (Targeted)by Ben on 15/01/2021 at 13:53
The Amex Offers program frequently has promotions for hotel stays, which can save you money or earn you bonus points for stays you’d make anyway. Amex has just rolled out its latest hotel offer, though it does appear to be highly targeted (between all the accounts I manage, only one […]
- American Selling AAdvantage Miles For 40% Offby Ben on 15/01/2021 at 13:20
American AAdvantage constantly has promotions on purchased miles, and the program has just launched its second promotion of 2021. Usually AAdvantage promotions last an entire month, though in the case of January we're seeing two promotions, with neither being particularly exceptional. […]
- Now Open: Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beachby Ben on 15/01/2021 at 12:57
Hilton's newest luxury hotel in the US has just opened... In September 2020 it was announced that the Monarch Beach Resort will join Hilton's portfolio as a Waldorf Astoria property. We didn't initially know the exact date that would happen, so there's an update -- the Waldorf Astoria […]
- Four Seasons Bora Bora Promotions (2021)by Ben on 15/01/2021 at 12:03
Bora Bora is one of the most picturesque places in the world, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora is regarded as the best major hotel there. Bora Bora has been open to visitors from many parts of the world in conjunction with testing, so it's a destination that some people are considering for […]
- News: ABTA calls on government to plot route out of travel shutdownby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 10:59
ABTA chief executive, Mark Tanzer, said: “We are asking the government to use the global travel taskforce structure to convene specific working groups to look at these very issues.”
- News: Leal steps down as chief executive of Virgin Hotelsby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 09:09
Raul Leal has stepped down as chief executive of Virgin Hotels after leading the company for ten years. A new leader is expected to be named in the coming weeks.
- News: Silver Dawn floats out for first time in Italyby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 09:00
With the delivery of both Silver Origin and Silver Moon in 2020, and with the delivery of Silver Dawn scheduled for November, Silversea said it was optimistic the sector would recover.
- News: Delta reports $15.6bn loss for financial 2020by Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 08:48
Daily cash burn averaged $12 million for the three months to December, though this was down from $24 million per day in the September quarter.
- News: UK authorities ban arrivals from South Americaby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 08:34
Passengers from Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Suriname, French Guiana, Uruguay and Venezuela will be barred from entry.
- Riga Airport closes the year with a drop of more than 74% in passenger numberson 15/01/2021 at 07:58
Operational performance data show that Riga Airport handled only 2.01 million passengers in 2020 – 74.2% fewer than a year before.
- Phaselis Bay to welcome guests for the first time in April 2021on 15/01/2021 at 07:54
The 408-room lifestyle resort offers 17 different room categories with 80-per-cent of the rooms offering a sea view out to the welcoming waters of the Mediterranean.
- “Dark Tourism” guided tours by FEG and Clio Museon 15/01/2021 at 07:49
As a partner of RePAST, Clio Muse Tours has created eight digital tours, one for each of the countries included in the project.
- Hotels offer 50,000+ properties to help with vaccine rollout across the countryon 15/01/2021 at 07:41
With more than 50,000 hotels in every state, including properties located in cities, suburbs, and rural communities, hotels have the geographic reach to support a wide distribution of the vaccine.
- IATA welcomes US pre-departure testing orderon 15/01/2021 at 07:36
IATA is encouraged by the flexibility shown by CDC in this order, in terms of accepting both antigen and PCR testing and in providing passengers who have already had COVID-19 the ability to demonstrate they are immune.
- HomeToGo releases 2021 Ski Season Report with most affordable and expensive destinationson 15/01/2021 at 07:30
Vacation rental search engine shows a 345% annual increase in the share of ski cabins booked for 2021.
- TUI Group focuses on growth in Tours & Activitieson 15/01/2021 at 07:25
Over 170,000 experiences available through a unique combination of digital platform and on-site delivery. Recent months used for development: Contactless, digital service is customer favourite and will be continuously expanded.
- Events Industry Council announces 2021 Board of Directorson 15/01/2021 at 07:13
The Events Industry Council board is comprised of nominated members of the overall Events Industry Council that consists of more than 30 organisations in the events industry.
- TV viewership increases by 49.3% in occupied hotel rooms during COVID-19 pandemicon 15/01/2021 at 07:10
Enseo releases latest whitepaper on TV Viewership patterns.
- Holland America Line celebrates 75 years in Alaska in 2022on 15/01/2021 at 07:06
More chances to see Glacier Bay and the only Cruise+Denali+Yukon experience make Holland America Line number-one for adventures in Alaska.
- Danny Crowe joins Go Inspire Group to grow strategic marketing performance offeringon 15/01/2021 at 07:01
Danny Crowe’s 40 years of industry experience is similarly wide-ranging, embracing in-house roles at major financial services, retail and travel brands, as well as agency roles developing clients’ commercial success in IT, travel, DIY, media and e-commerce.
- ‘Hello Britain. It’s me, tomorrow’, VisitPortugal's inspiring message to travellers from the UKon 15/01/2021 at 06:53
Visit Portugal launches new sustainability challenge to travellers with #CantSkipTomorrow video.
- News: Virgin Atlantic raises new finance with Boeing Dreamliner dealsby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 06:49
Virgin Atlantic has completed “financing transactions” relating to two Boeing 787 aircraft in partnership with Griffin Global Asset Management and Bain Capital Credit.
- Costa Rica shows a gradual rebound in tourist visitation at the end of 2020on 15/01/2021 at 06:48
In the month of December, 71,000 tourists were counted by air, almost doubling the record of November 2020. The 2020 period recorded just over 1 million international arrivals by all routes. The 2021 period marks a path of challenges such as strengthening the country's position as a […]
- Industry leader Abbie Michaelson joins MeetingPackage management teamon 15/01/2021 at 06:44
Abbie Michaelson holds a long background from the Hotel, Hospitality and Travel industry and has worked in executive leadership positions in companies such as Lanyon, Cvent and HRS.
- Fetch.ai brings autonomous AI travel agents to 770,000 hotelson 15/01/2021 at 06:38
By encouraging a direct provider-to-consumer interaction, Autonomous AI Travel Agents deliver significant cost savings of up to 10% for both hotels and consumers.
- The global forum to innovate business eventson 15/01/2021 at 06:34
The GCB launches open innovation platform “Response Room” with partners PCMA and IMEX.
- ABPCO releases 2021 / 2022 member focused business planon 15/01/2021 at 06:31
Alongside ABPCO’s core values of Excellence, Learning and Belonging, the strategic plan introduces a fourth pillar, External Voice - to strengthen and deliver the collective views and opinions of ABPCO members to associations and others.
- Royal Caribbean launches new adventures from Barbadoson 15/01/2021 at 06:25
Grandeur of the Seas debuts three distinct itineraries to the sought-after islands of the Southern Caribbean, beginning December 2021.
- News: Vaccine boosts holiday confidence among older travellersby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 06:17
Holiday company Saga has experienced a notable increase in interest for holidays in recent weeks, with older travellers looking for longer trips, further from home departing in 2022.
- FABEC States endorse long-term commitment to FABEC and Switzerland holds presidency in 2021on 15/01/2021 at 06:17
During a challenging year for the aviation industry, the Dutch Ministry of Transport succeeded in expanding joint activities at InterFAB level and delivered coordinated responses to European Commission proposals on exceptional measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic for the third […]
- News: Wizz Air Abu Dhabi to add Tel Aviv flights next monthby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 04:32
The new route, launching on February 12th, will create new opportunities for travellers and further diversify the tourism sector in the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
- News: American Express Global Business Travel signs Concur dealby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 02:31
This agreement brings the full value of American Express Global Business Travel accommodations program to clients using the Concur Travel booking tool.
- News: Celestyal Cruises bumps back restart into Aprilby Breaking Travel News on 15/01/2021 at 01:55
Due to continued international travel restrictions and port closures arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Celestyal Cruises has delayed the start of its season until April 24th.
- A Look At My Starlux Airlines COSMILE Insighter Gift!by Ben on 14/01/2021 at 21:16
A couple of days ago I wrote about how I was struggling to control my excitement over a gift that was on the way, and felt like a kid on Christmas Eve. Well, the gift that I was so excited about has finally arrived, so as promised I wanted to share some pictures, along with my […]
- Amex Business Gold Card Review (2021)by Ben on 14/01/2021 at 19:58
In the past several years, credit card issuers have become significantly more competitive when it comes to small business cards. While many people may be familiar with the American Express® Gold Card (review), there's a business version of the card that's also quite rewarding. In this […]
- Radisson Rewards Selling Points With 50% Bonusby Ben on 14/01/2021 at 18:45
Radisson Rewards has just launched its latest bonus on purchased points. Through Sunday, January 31, 2021, Radisson Rewards is offering up to a 50% bonus on purchased points. The bonus is tiered, as follows: Buy 1,000-3,000 points, get a 25% bonus Buy 4,000-8,000 points, get a 35% bonus […]
- Earn Bonus Miles With New Airline Shopping Portal Bonusesby Ben on 14/01/2021 at 17:50
Online shopping portals can be a great way to pick up additional miles & points for purchases you’d make anyway. Just for following a specific link you can earn bonus points in addition to the ones you’d earn for credit card spending. The number of bonus points you earn per dollar […]
- Does Four Seasons Have A Loyalty Program?by Ben on 14/01/2021 at 16:08
There have been rumors in the past few weeks of Four Seasons introducing a new loyalty program. While that's not happening, the luxury hotel group has just announced some improvements to its existing invitation-only status. While Four Seasons is known for its great hotels (from Bora Bora, […]
- Southwest Airlines Selling Points With 70% Bonusby Ben on 14/01/2021 at 15:13
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards has just rolled out its latest promotion on purchased points. The concept of a revenue based frequent flyer program selling points has always been strange to me, so let's take a look at the details. Through Wednesday, January 27, 2021, Southwest is […]
- Focus: Border woes force Australian tour operators to join forces!by Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 14:53
Continual border constraints have dented confidence in travel. However, two tour operators on each side of the New South Wales and Victorian borders, are working together to keep travelers moving within state borders.
- American Airlines Bans Alcohol On DC Flights For Inauguration Weekby Ben on 14/01/2021 at 14:16
Travel brands are trying to figure out the best way to deal with the social unrest that's expected in the coming week, ahead of the inauguration of President-Elect Biden. For example, we've seen Airbnb cancel all reservations in the DC area over the inauguration. Now American Airlines has […]
- Focus: Breaking Travel News interview: Christophe Schnyder, general manager, Sofitel Dubai the Palm Resortby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 13:56
Sofitel Dubai the Palm Resort & Spa general manager, Christophe Schnyder, tells Breaking Travel News winning a series of trophies at the World Travel Awards would provide an excellent springboard to welcome guests this year
- FAA Threatens To Jail & Fine Disruptive Passengersby Ben on 14/01/2021 at 13:10
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is threatening jail time and/or up to a $35,000 fine for passengers who misbehave on US flights, rather than just a warning. Is this an empty threat? FAA Administrator Steve Dickson yesterday signed an order directing a stricter legal […]
- United Airlines Delays Return To JFKby Ben on 14/01/2021 at 12:08
United Airlines has just delayed and significantly scaled back its highly anticipated return to New York JFK, after the airline cut service to the airport in October 2015. In September 2020, United announced it would return to JFK in early 2021. In mid-November 2020 the details of that […]
- News: Fred Olsen. Cruise Lines delays return until Mayby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 11:14
New ship Borealis will still be the first of the fleet to set sail, with her maiden voyage now due to depart on May 22nd. The former Holland America Line ship was initially due to enter service on April 23rd.
- Norwegian Air Ends Long Haul Flights, Dumps 787by Ben on 14/01/2021 at 11:10
In November 2020, Norwegian Air filed for bankruptcy protection. The company's board of directors has today outlined a simplified business structure, and it no longer includes long haul flying. Norwegian's entire Boeing 787-9 long haul fleet has been grounded since March 2020, due to […]
- News: Marella Cruises extends pause in operations until end of Marchby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 09:35
Marella Cruises has extended its pause in European operations until March 31st, while long-haul trips are not now expected to return until at least April 30th.
- News: Norwegian to abandon long-haul operationsby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 09:21
Low-cost carrier Norwegian has outlined a simplified business structure and dedicated short haul route network as it plans a return from the Covid-19 shutdown.
- News: England pre-departure Covid-19 testing delayed until Mondayby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 09:10
Travellers arriving by plane, train or boat from Monday, including UK nationals, will have to take a test up to 72 hours before leaving the country they are in.
- News: Shearings shifts to trust account modelby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 08:47
Payments are stored in an independently operated secure trust account, until after their holiday has taken place and if the holiday does not go ahead for any reason customers can be refunded.
- WeTravel launches free fundraising solution for travelerson 14/01/2021 at 08:00
Participants can create their own personalized Contribution Pages. They can customize the title, image, and first paragraph to bolster their fundraising efforts and help contributors better understand the cause that they are donating to.
- Good Travel Management partner with Diamond Airon 14/01/2021 at 07:54
Providng access to Covid-19 testing, helping business travellers to travel safely.
- WTTC releases Mental Health Guidelines to aid the recovery of Travel & Tourismon 14/01/2021 at 07:50
Investment in mental health promotes good business and greater profitability. Travel & Tourism is key to maintaining mental well-being.
- Berlin Travel Festival returns as a virtual event for the public in March 2021on 14/01/2021 at 07:41
New show format: online video magazine in four episodes – Topic headings: Safe Trips & Safe Places, Tiny Living & Slow Travel, Freedom & Adventure, Culture Trips.
- Egypt launches EBRD-UNWTO tourism recovery assistance packageon 14/01/2021 at 07:35
EBRD and UNWTO to boost recovery of the tourism sector in Egypt. Institutions to work with Egypt’s international cooperation and tourism ministries. Actions include review of safety and hygiene protocols, tourism revival advice and training.
- eRevMax’s Hotel Survey highlights varying levels of business confidenceon 14/01/2021 at 07:29
With almost non-existent foreign tourist arrivals, 75% hotel respondents believe that domestic tourism will play a vital role in rebuilding of economies as travellers prefer staycations and regional travel, while all other segments of tourism - MICE, corporate and foreign travel will […]
- Congo Airways orders two E195-E2on 14/01/2021 at 07:26
The E195-E2 will be configured in a dual class 120 seat layout, 12 in business, 108 in economy.
- Fraport AG receives CEIV Pharma Recertificationon 14/01/2021 at 07:21
IATA’s pharma certificate awarded for exemplary handling of temperature-sensitive goods at Frankfurt Airport. Fraport’s expertise based on years of specialized logistics for pharmaceutical products.
- Nearly one in four travelers won’t take COVID-19 vaccine once availableon 14/01/2021 at 07:15
Mandatory masks, frequent cleaning, empty middle seats among most important confidence building elements according to latest traveler confidence index.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts renews successful strategic partnership with Sabre to fuel future growthon 14/01/2021 at 07:09
The renewal marks the latest chapter in the valued and long-standing relationship between Sabre and Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand representing more than 750 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 85 countries.
- News: Ace Hotel Brooklyn set to welcome first guestsby Breaking Travel News on 14/01/2021 at 07:03
Designed from the ground up in partnership with long-time Ace collaborators Roman and Williams, who shaped both the building and the interiors, the property has 287-rooms.
- Amilla Maldives Resort partners with Mohamed Al Geziry Consultancy to boost visits from GCCon 14/01/2021 at 06:47
The Middle East region is one of the fastest growing, tourist-generating regions in the world, as outbound travel quadrupled within the last 20 years, according to the United Nations World Travel Organization.
- Camarero-Nunez ready to shine as Alcanada’s new Head Proon 14/01/2021 at 06:40
Camarero-Nunez, who has been a PGA-certified professional since 2014, took up his new position last month and has replaced John Verhappen, who has returned to The Netherlands.
- Bahrain International Airport prepares to transfer operations to new Passenger Terminal on 28 Januaryon 14/01/2021 at 06:36
Spanning 210,000 sqm, the new terminal is four times larger than the existing airport and will increase BIA’s capacity to 14 million passengers a year.
- Pandemic recovery presents opportunities for addressing gender imbalances in air transporton 14/01/2021 at 06:30
The Secretary General’s comments focused mainly on the significant gender equality challenges still facing the air transport sector, and the opportunity to address current imbalances as the sector pivots and recovers from COVID-19.
- Moxy Austin-University debuts for the Young-At-Heart looking to work hard, play hardon 14/01/2021 at 06:24
The first Moxy Hotel in Texas will be a vibrant hangout with close proximity to Campus.
- First steel cut for new Carnical Celebrationon 14/01/2021 at 06:20
Next Excel-Class ship set to debut from PortMiami in 2022.
- Jamaica to ramp up COVID-19 testing capacityon 14/01/2021 at 06:13
According to news reports by media entities such as the Wall Street Journal, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is planning to issue an order for all airline passengers from international destinations to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test before boarding flights to […]
- Zoox Smart Data experiences record online traffic numbers during 2020 holiday seasonon 14/01/2021 at 06:08
Big data provider enables over 10 million connections from Thanksgiving to New Year's weekend that boost customer targeted advertising capabilities and revenues.
- Review: Starbucks Rewards Visa Card (2021)by Ben on 14/01/2021 at 01:08
Starbucks is a brand with an incredibly loyal following. A few years ago Chase and Starbucks launched a co-branded credit card, and in this post I wanted to take an in-depth look at the card. While my focus is usually on travel rewards cards, in this era a trip to Starbucks might be […]
- Surreal: My Parents Have Been Vaccinatedby Ben on 13/01/2021 at 19:53
My gosh, I woke up yesterday morning thinking a Starlux Airlines gift would be the most exciting thing to happen. Little did I know that within 24 hours we'd go from no expectations of vaccines for our parents in the immediate future, to having all of them vaccinated. I can't even begin […]
- 22 US Hyatt Place Hotels May Become Sonestasby Ben on 13/01/2021 at 18:46
A contract dispute may cause 22 Hyatt Place properties in the US to leave the Hyatt portfolio. Let's take a look at why, and which properties could be impacted. This follows a similar recent situation with 103 IHG properties and 122 Marriott properties. Hyatt doesn’t actually own most […]
- IHG Promo: 2K Bonus Points Per Stay, And Moreby Ben on 13/01/2021 at 17:40
IHG Rewards Club has opened registration for its first major promotion of 2021, which offers bonus points and makes it easier to earn status. With IHG Rewards Club's new global promotion: Members can earn 2,000 bonus points with every stay of two nights or more Those bonus points count […]
- Airbnb Cancels & Blocks All DC Inauguration Reservationsby Ben on 13/01/2021 at 16:32
Airbnb has just taken a more drastic measure than any major hotel group when it comes to the recent (and upcoming) political unrest. Airbnb has announced that it will be canceling all reservations in the Washington DC metro area during inauguration week, and will prevent any new […]
- Emirates Suspends Pilot For Refusing To Fly To Israel (Retracted)by Ben on 13/01/2021 at 15:30
Update: Al Jazeera (which was used as the source for this post) has since retracted its story, as Emirates claims it “has never employed any pilot by this name and all reports circulating on social media around this are false." You can find the original post below. This is sure to be […]
- Industry-first COVID testing partnerships for UK travel trade launchedon 13/01/2021 at 07:51
Chronomics is in discussions with similar COVID testing firms in major markets to assist the travel trade in having a network of trusted partners for their clients.
- AHLA names Jason Riederer Senior Director of State & Local Government Affairson 13/01/2021 at 07:46
AHLA deepens bench on Communications, Membership, and Executive teams.
- MeetingPackage named Best Group Sourcing & RFP Software in the 2021 HotelTechAwardson 13/01/2021 at 07:41
Reviews from verified users of MeetingPackage highlight features like possibility to sell meeting rooms online, excellent customer experience, and increase in revenue through high conversion.
- DFS holds global employee fundraising initiative to support communities impacted by COVID-19on 13/01/2021 at 07:30
More than 700 employees participate in “Walk For Them” to raise US$180,000.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Travel Survey - 74% willing to get COVID Vaccine Passporton 13/01/2021 at 07:23
56% don’t trust vaccine for travel to high risk areas.
- Increased SAS passenger numbers compared to November driven by holiday travelon 13/01/2021 at 07:19
The load factor came in at 33%, an increase of some 8 percentage units (p.u.) compared to the previous month, but down 38 p.u. compared to last year.
- Dutch Meetingselect completes acquisition of German MICE Accesson 13/01/2021 at 07:13
Launches instant remote workspace booking platform.
- Nominations now being accepted for GBTA WINiT Awardson 13/01/2021 at 07:09
There are seven opportunities to nominate a person or an organization; the deadline to submit nominations is February 5, 2021.
- Vermont lodging industry creates a more powerful voice in the Stateon 13/01/2021 at 07:05
New Vermont Lodging Association formed to strengthen the industry’s Advocacy and Education Network
- Forever Resorts’ operating contract with National Park Service, Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim, to continue through 2023on 13/01/2021 at 06:58
The gift shop and the dining room will be open next season. The dining room will offer limited seating at all times.
- Appointment of Neil Garwood as Airport Coordination Limited new CEOon 13/01/2021 at 06:50
Neil Garwood will succeed Airport Coordination Limited’s departing CEO, Edmond Rose, who is moving on from his role at the end of February.
- Connoisseur Travel signs reseller agreement for Zeno by Serkoon 13/01/2021 at 06:41
Connoisseur plans to quickly launch Zeno among its customer base, with 11 implementations in the next 30 days, and another 40 within 90 days.
- Airport e-commerce platform Grab moves toward new name Servyon 13/01/2021 at 06:35
Grab, which was founded in 2014 as an airport mobile ordering app for food and beverage, has now processed more than six million transactions across the globe.
- NEW RECORD FOR DUBLIN AIRPORT!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 17:00
Dublin Airport welcomed more than 3.1 million passengers in July, which was a new monthly record for the airport, and a 6 per cent increase on the same period last year… July was the first time in the airport’s 77-year … Continue reading →
- FOUR UK AIRPORTS TOLD THEY MUST IMPROVE DISABILITY FACILITIES BUT NI AIRPORTS MAKE THE GRADE!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 12:00
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has published a report that assesses the top 30 UK airports on the quality of assistance they provide to passengers with a disability… The report reveals that the majority of UK airports are providing … Continue reading →
- CALL FOR TWO DRINK LIMIT AND A BAN ON ALCOHOL SALES BEFORE 10AM!by nitravelnews on 15/08/2017 at 09:00
Ryanair is asking UK airports to enforce a two-drink limit per boarding pass and a ban on alcohol sales before 10am after it was revealed the number of passengers arrested for drunken behaviour has increased by 50 per cent in … Continue reading →
- BELFAST HARBOUR’S CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL ONE STEP CLOSER!by nitravelnews on 11/08/2017 at 12:00
A new £15 million cruise ship terminal at Belfast Harbour is one step closer to being a reality as a planning application – submitted last year for a “multi-purpose facility for berthing of cruise ships” – is scheduled to be … Continue reading →
- 10 THINGS TO DO IN NORTHERN IRELAND NEXT WEEK!by nitravelnews on 11/08/2017 at 08:00
DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events… Here are 10 exciting things taking place next week (Aug 14-20). 1. Children’s Summer Street Theatre with the Raven Sisters, Portstewart, 18 … Continue reading →
- HEAD ON DOWN TO THE PORTAVOGIE SEAFOOD FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND!by nitravelnews on 10/08/2017 at 11:59
Portavogie Harbour will be bustling with activity on this Saturday (August 12) as the Portavogie Seafood Festival kicks off… Learn how to cook the perfect fish dish with celebrity chef Nick Nairn at the festival kitchen, sample delicious seafood delicacies … Continue reading →
- ENHANCED SECURITY AT DUBLIN AIRPORT – CHANGES TO CHECK-IN TIMES!by nitravelnews on 08/08/2017 at 12:00
American Airlines have announced that their check-in counters at Dublin Airport will now be closing 75 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time to allow passengers to pass security checkpoints in time… This change is due to enhanced security checks … Continue reading →
- SSP TO INVEST £2.5 MILLION IN BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OUTLETS!by nitravelnews on 08/08/2017 at 08:00
SSP, a leading operator of food and beverage outlets in travel locations worldwide, is embarking on a £2.5 million expansion at Belfast International Airport which will lead to up to seventy new full and part-time jobs… Most of the work … Continue reading →
- BBC’s The One Show comes to the Causeway Coastby nitravelnews on 07/08/2017 at 17:00
More than 4 million people will be tuning into images of the Causeway Coast this week, on BBC’s hugely popular The One Show… Matt Baker and Alex Jones will be presenting their special ‘Big Causeway Crawl’ – making their way … Continue reading →
- BELFAST CITY AIRPORT SHORTLISTED FOR GLOBAL AVIATION AWARDby nitravelnews on 07/08/2017 at 12:00
George Best Belfast City Airport has been nominated for one of the most prestigious global marketing awards in aviation for a second successive year… The airport has been shortlisted for the ‘Under 4 Million Passenger’ category of the World Routes … Continue reading →