fbpx
Menu Close
Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

The 5 Best Restaurants in Doha

The vibrancy and diversity of Qatar’s cosmopolitan capital make it an exciting destination for foodies. Once a pearl fishing village, the city offers the best of traditional Arabic delicacies, Michelin-starred restaurants, and modern, experimental cuisine.

1. Market by Jean-Georges, Doha: Market is a sleek, high-end restaurant inside W Doha Hotel & Residences in West Bay, the heart of the city. This award-winning restaurant serves simple yet elegant international cuisine inspired by world-renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, who has created a restaurant that has the feel of a family kitchen. The sophisticated venue hosts a popular Friday market brunch – part à la carte, part buffet – with live cooking stations, signature dishes to order, and a wide range of great dishes to choose from. Experience new flavour combinations and spices from around the world that the Market is famous for.

2. Three Sixty Restaurant: The Torch, Doha’s landmark five-star hotel, is home to six dining and lounge options. But the most magical of all is this revolving restaurant – the only one of its kind in Doha – on the 47th floor of the 300m (984ft) structure. This high-end eatery is the ideal place to indulge in luxury Mediterranean cuisine while enjoying panoramic views. Single tables fan the 360-degree space, facing out through floor-to-ceiling glass. It’s impeccably done out, with tables draped in crisp white tablecloths and finished with sparkling crockery and cutlery.

3. Orient Pearl: This waterfront complex, Doha’s largest dining experience, comprises three different restaurants – the Joury, La Toscana and Nayrabin – which makes it the perfect spot for groups and families all with different tastes. It’s a lively and welcoming place, with seating for up to 1,500 people who come to enjoy affordable Arabic, Syrian, or international cuisine. Located at the end of the Corniche near the harbour, at night it glows with pink and blue lights. Guests can choose to sit inside and make the most of the air-conditioned, marble-floored interior; or you can choose to dine al fresco on the terrace, with a nightly son et lumière as the fountains spring into life.

4. L'wzaar Sea Food Market: From fish to crustaceans, the full ocean-to-table experience at this restaurant on Katara beach pays homage to Doha’s roots as a fishing village, with azure tiles and huge fish tanks adding to the aquatic theme. You can dine at small tables with cozy booths and a view across the Gulf, or on high-top stools offering a peek into the smart kitchen. Choose how you want your food to be cooked: whether Mediterranean, Arabic, or Japanese style.

5. IDAM by Alain Ducasse: This modern, minimalist restaurant, in the Museum of Islamic Art, is a work of art itself. Designed by Philippe Starck, the vast atrium and wall of glass add a real wow factor before you’ve tasted a thing. The menu is a contemporary French Mediterranean with an Arabic twist; the setting is upmarket with breathtaking views of the Doha skyline. Idam – which translates as “generosity” – holds a monthly concert night including a cocktail reception, seven-course dinner, and VIP seats to the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra.

I just visited the Three Sixty Restaurant, and we had delicious food and cocktails in a very cool atmosphere. Can someone suggest me a great restaurant in Munchen arean? We are planning to visit this area next winter, during christmass holidays.

If you are still in Doha, I hardly suggest you visit the L'wzaar Sea Food Market, and I promise you will not get disappointed, especially if you are a fan of Mediterranean food.

Quote from Garry Lazaret on 23/11/2022, 19:16

If you are still in Doha, I hardly suggest you visit the L'wzaar Sea Food Market, and I promise you will not get disappointed, especially if you are Regarding your question, I suggest visiting the Riwa Restaurant in Fussen, Germany. Fussen is a small city located near Munchen. Here is their website https://www.riwa-restaurant.de/de/. On-site, you can check the menu/prices and reserve a table. They have German, International and European cuisines presented on the menu. I enjoy the atmosphere and the food quality every time I visit this place.