500,000 tickets will be distributed to incoming visitors by Hong Kong’s three airlines of Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong Airlines, and HK Express, starting on March 1stand lasting for six months. In addition, there will be additional 80,000 tickets distributed to Hongkongers to travel overseas and another 80,000 to Greater Bay residents.
You can access Hong Kong Airport’s website for this campaign
- 500,000 “free” tickets for international visitors to visit Hong Kong
- 80,000 free tickets to Hongkongers to travel overseas and another 80,000 to Greater Bay residents
- Begins in stages; March – Southeast Asia, April – Mainland China, May – North East Asia + other markets
- May not be free – It could be buy one get another one for free
- Free ticket distribution to Hongkongers begins in July
- 65% of the free tickets will be distributed by the airlines, and the rest by the HKSAR government
- Need to apply for Cathay Pacific website here, HK Express website here, and Hong Kong Airlines website here
- Consumption Vouchers – 1 million consumption vouchers to use at various outlets worth HK$100 each
The Hong Kong Airport Authority will cover the cost of 500,000 tickets distributed for travel to Hong Kong. The government has earmarked HK2B for this (roughly $255M).
The tickets for most are unlikely free, as you may have to buy two to get one free, participate in all kinds of giveaways, and sign up for respective frequent flier programs. The HK government estimates that every free ticket received will bring, on average, two other passengers with them.
It is unclear how many tickets each airline is assigned and how they are distributed.
Suggests to sign up to Cathay Pacific to get notifications of how to join the “World of Winners” tickets giveaway launching soon. https://flights.cathaypacific.com/en_HK/offers/world-of-winners.html